Tuesday, April 28, 2020

State of the Store--Paper Arts Update 4/28/2020

Hello friends,

This is just going to be a quick email to give you an update on the state of the store, what the plans are going forward for the next month, etc...

Although our government officials are trying to get the state reopened, The Warden &  I are not convinced that this is a safe and healthy move for me and my store at this time.  Being of the immunocompromised group, I cannot safely and in good conscience move forward with reopening the store for business as usual right now. 

What does that mean? 

For the month of May, I am going to continue to operate the way we have operated since March 20th.  I will still be shipping orders out, you are more than welcome to pick up an order next door from my neighbors (the CBD store next door since they are essential) IF the order is prepaid and I know which day you want to pick it up so I can have it over there, I will occassionally be surprising some local customers with porch deliveries, and we will continue to operate in this manner through the month of May.  I know many of you want to get back in the store and shop and I would love nothing more than to have you do so, however, I just don't think that this is safe AND looking at the guidelines set forth by the Oklahoma Department of Commerce and after having a lengthy phone conversation with them yesterday to clarify the guidelines on how a retail store is to operate if they are going to reopen right now, it would be a grueling undertaking for me to try to allow it.

Classes will still be taught virtually, as they are going well and the feedback has been quite positive on these.  In fact, we have several classes coming up in the next few weeks that I would encourage you to go out to our website and check out because some of them are ones that many of you have requested.

I miss all of you and truly cannot wait until we can get together again SAFELY and hug and laugh and just hang out.  But, in my opinion, that time is NOT now.  We will re-evaluate things as the month moves on and I will send out any updates to this current status as needed.

For the latest in updates and store news, follow our facebook page. www.facebook.com/paperartsedmond (you can read it even if you are not on facebook) by clicking the link in a browser.

Stay Home, Stay Safe...
Let's Flatten the Curve creatively!
Cut, Glue, & Glitter on...
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment